Doubt: thief of the blessing of God’s blessing
Doubt has always be an hindrance to the blessing of God’s people and from scripture saw this same truth repeated over and over again in the scripture. Your problem is not power, as most people claim, your problem is lack of faith. Let look into the scripture to this:
Faith to walk on water
Let examine why peter failed in his walk of faith
(24) But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary.
(25) And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
(26) And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
(27) But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
(28) And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
(29) And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
(30) But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
(31) And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
From verse 28 we saw that Peter asked Jesus to bid him to come unto Him on the water,
In verse 29: Jesus answered him saying “come”, then he acted on it [the word of the Master],
The bible said he walked on water to go to Jesus
I must say at this point that anytime you caught a revelation from the word of God normally called the rhema, there is no need to pray about it, just believe and act on it, your action is the authentic proof that you believe God, why is it so because in Psalm 119:18 God is the one that open His Word to you, so anytime you contact revelation i.e. God spoke to you via His word, just act on it and have the result. Obedience of faith is the price to pay to access God’s blessing
So back to what we are discussing, provided that peter was in faith[believe God and act on the word of God] he was doing well, but immediately in verse 30 he saw the wind boisterous he was afraid[doubt] and immediately began to sink. And in verse 31 Jesus said o thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt
So doubt i.e. fear was the reason why peter began to sink into the water.
Anytime you yield to doubt in your faith walk ask God forgiveness because anything done with faith is sin[Roman 14:23], after asking for forgiveness and continue in your faith walk, your faith will see you through. God is not a liar , what He say is what He mean and what He mean is what He say, He is not a joker
Let also examine why the disciple couldn’t casted the devil out in Mathew 17
(19) Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?
(20) And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
(21) Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
So reason why the disciples couldn’t cast the devil is not because of power because in Luke 9:1
(1) Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Jesus gave power then what is the problem is lack of faith i.e. unbelief in verse 20 Jesus said ...because of your unbelief
Then you may ask what about verse 21 ....by prayer and fasting. In Isaiah 58:6 talking about the benefit of fasting
(8) Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily: and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the LORD shall be thy rereward.
The light is the understanding of the word of God[Psalm 119:18] and from Roman 11:17 faith come as the word of God come therefore it mean that as we fast we provoke the release of light of the word which then fortify our faith and conquer our doubt.
Let look at another examine
(22) Now it came to pass on a certain day, that he went into a ship with his disciples: and he said unto them, Let us go over unto the other side of the lake. And they launched forth.
(23) But as they sailed he fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy.
(24) And they came to him, and awoke him, saying, Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased, and there was a calm.
(25) And he said unto them, Where is your faith? And they being afraid wondered, saying one to another, What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him.
From this verse the disciple waked Jesus up and rebuked the sea and there was a great calm in the sea and then asked them where is your faith, because in verse 22 He said to them that let us go over unto the other side of lake. So it means that no sea, storm or anything has power to drown them and stop them from crossing over to the other side of the lake, If they believe His word and act on it: [let say by be calm, not be anxious and address the storm that the Master said that let us go over unto the other side of lake, so you can stop us, therefore stop and be calm in Jesus Name]. Asking them where is your faith mean they do the same thing He just by faith in His word
So from these scripture we have seen that doubt is the stealer of God’s blessing, power is not the problem, if you have received the Holy Spirit, you recieve have the power according Act 1:8.
From Mark 11:23 Jesus said
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. (Mar 11:23)
Faith is of the heart or spirit [Roman 10:10], the heart Jesus was referring here is the mind not the spirit because in James 1:5-8
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. (Jas 1:5)
But let him ask IN FAITH, NOTHING WAVERING[doubt]. For he that wavereth[doubt] is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. (Jas 1:6)
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. (Jas 1:7)
A DOUBLE MINDED man is unstable in all his ways. (Jas 1:8)
So to doubt is to be double minded on the word of God or in anything, therefore we doubt in the mind which Jesus referred to as heart in mark 11:23
Faith is of the heart that works through the mind to deliver, so you must renew your mind by mediating on the word of God.
Then how do I fight doubt or fear. It s a spirit [1 Timothy 1:7] that is it work against to prevent you from getting your blessing from God. It does it by infected the mind.
So anytime doubt comes fight it the same Jesus resists the devil, by speaking the word of God to it and rebuke it in the name of Jesus. Doubt may persist but don’t yield to it and your faith will see you through.
Jesus is Lord.
To the benefit the benefit of faith or the power of faith you must be a born again. Jesus said in John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
That if you are not saved, you can’t see [experience] the things of the Kingdom of God.
HOW CAN I BECOME BORN AGAIN
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Have you ever asked Jesus to come into your heart? Are tired of living your life like one fighting against the wind. My life was a mess before i meet Jesus, but now it is a sign and wonder
Please pray this prayer with all sincerity and confidence
Lord Jesus, I come to you today
Iam a sinner, I cannot help myself.
Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with your precious blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the living God
Today, Lord Jesus, I accept you as my Lord and my saviour
Thank you Jesus, for saving me
Now i know, I am born again
If you have prayed that prayer know that you are now a child of God, a new creature destined to reign again
If you just prayed that prayer,
1. Send me an email to ugwuanyichibuikemministries @gmail.com. so that i prayed that the same grace that brought to Jesus will also keep you