How or Ways faith comes
From scripture every true faith i.e. action provoked faith is brought about revelation. It is the revelation of the word that begets faith.
Revelation in this context mean being able to understanding what God is saying. Revelation is hearing the voice of the Spirit Revelation 1:11, 17, and 21, what you hear from man is information, but the revelation is catching the voice of God behind every written word of God. In the charismatic movement, there are the logos and rhema, the rhema is what people story, it hearing the voice of God. The word said that the letter kill, but the spirit gives life. So go after the spirit of the word of God. You see many babbling scripture, but have no understanding of the word of God, therefore it won’t profit them.
From scripture your understanding likened to seeing. Ephesians 1: 23
That why in psalm 119:18. The psalmist said OPEN THOU MINE EYES, that I may BEHOLD wondrous things out of thy law. (Psa 119:18)
In Isaiah 2:1 The word that Isaiah the son of Amoz SAW concerning Judah and Jerusalem. (Isa 2:1)
Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe. (Joh 4:48)
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Rom 10:17)
First come by hearing and understanding word of God. First hearing pass the information but it is the second hearing connotes the understanding.
The righteousness of thy testimonies is everlasting: give me UNDERSTANDING, and I shall LIVE. (Psa 119:144)
In Hab 2:4, Roman 1:17. the just shall LIVE by FAITH
So faith equal understanding, therefore we see from scripture that very bible faith has it root in the revelation or understanding of the word of God. Without revelation of the word of God, your faith has not root.
I must say this at this point faith must have its root in the word of God
In luke 1: 45. And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of THOSE THINGS WHICH WERE TOLD her from the Lord. (Luk 1:45)
Therefore you believe what God has spoken i.e. His Word.
Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I BELIEVE GOD, THAT IT SHALL BE EVEN AS IT WAS TOLD ME. (Act 27:25)
Roman 4:18. Who against hope BELIEVED in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, ACCORDING TO THAT WHICH WAS SPOKEN, So shall thy seed be. (Rom 4:18)
So we believe the word of God. Your faith must have it root in the Word of God.
Then how do we access revelation of the word of God
By Mediation: it is one among other through which we access revelation of the word.
In Psa 119:97-99
(97) MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.
(98) Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
(99) I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
So we see understanding come when we mediate on the word of God
In Act 10:19
While Peter THOUGHT on the vision, the SPIRIT SAID unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. (Act 10:19)
So as the peter was mediating on the what God has shown him, the Spirit of God who is the keeper of kingdom mystery step in.
In 1Co 2:9-11
(9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
(11) For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
Revelation comes by the Spirit but as you mediate on the scripture then He step in you lead into the truth of the word of God. Praise God.
Then what is mediation: it is pondering of the word of God in your heart, thinking the word on subject matter. Nowadays when you have a problem they will say have you prayed through. But the right thing is have you think through. It just takes a word from the word of God to silence your storm of your life.
Jesus spoke the word and the storm calm
(26) And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
(27) But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
In Luk 5:4-6
(4) Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
(5) And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
(6) And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
Peter said at your word, I will act the net, that struggle ended, what they got was a heavy net breaking harvest.
In the wedding of Cana, In John 2. It was acting on the word Jesus gave them that result to a miracle.
Faith is your instrument to perform the miraculous.
When you mediate in the word of God faith come Rom 10:17 and just I have shown above. Where faith abide, the word abide. When you see have faith, you have the word of God in you. Because has the word comes faith comes.
In Exo 4:17
(17) And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.
Note this rod from Isa 11:1-2
(1) And there shall come forth a ROD out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
(2) And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;
So The rod is Jesus and in John 1:1-3.Jesus is the Word
In exodus 4:17, it says..... THIS ROD
This rod refers to a particular rod. And from scriptural interpretation, the rod is the word of God. Therefore it means catch the word that will put in command and engage the word of God and sign follow.
You may now ask where does faith comes in , as word comes faith comes. And as you engage the word i.e put to work or act on it which is faith in action [James 2:17-18] sign follow.
In that same exodus 4:17........... THOU SHALT DO SIGN
Note the word do, so you are the one that will do the sign by doing what God was said which faith is. Faith is act the word of God James 2:17-18.
God is waiting to confirm His word, but you must first believe His Word and Act on it and then He step in to confirm. Luke 1:45, Mark 16:21, Hebrew 2:4.
So go for mediate on the word of God and you will see faith comes alive in you.
I must at this point go for depth in the word not for volume. Let me ask you assume if all you know, read and hear, the prophecy you claim are at work in your life, wonder what your life will be like.
TO CONTINUED ON THE HOW FAITH COMES PT 2.[SEE THE ARCHIEVE]
I WANT TO ENCOURAGE YOU TO PUT AT WORK ALL YOU HAVE READ. UNTIL YOU ACT ON THE WORD OF GOD, YOU NEVER SEE RESULT. LET TELL AT THIS POINT, GOD IS TOO BIG TO LIE, DARE TO TAKE HIM AT WORD AND SEE HIS BLESSING COMING UPON YOUR LIFE.
PRAYER HAS NO VALUE WITHOUT FAITH [MARK 11:24, JAMES 1:5].
I know you have been blessed by this message, please send your testimony and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE NOT YET SAVED, BORN AGAIN OR YOU ARE A BLACKSLIDDEN BELIEVER, IT AN OPPORUNITY TODAY TO GIVE YOUR LIFE JESUS, JESUS IS WAITING, DON’T SAY NO TO HIM.
Please pray this prayer with all sincerity and confidence
Lord Jesus, I come to you today
I am a sinner, I cannot help myself.
Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with your precious blood. Deliver me from sin and satan to serve the living God
Today, Lord Jesus, I accept you as my Lord and my saviour
Thank you Jesus, for saving me
Now i know, I am born again
If you have prayed that prayer, know that you are now a child of God, a new creature destined to reign again [Roman 10:8-10]
JESUS IS LORD.